- Ford’s popular commercial van has been completely redesigned for 2024, with cutting-edge tech features and enhanced performance.
- Although we have yet to learn all of the details, we expect the upcoming Transit to be as configurable as the previous model!
- Ford has yet to announce just how much cargo space this new Transit will offer. However, we expect it to meet or beat last year’s max figure of 536.4 cubic feet.
- You should be able to order your new Transit later this month! We’ll update this space as soon as we know more.
Is the 2024 Ford Transit redesigned?
Yes! The upcoming Transit has been completely redesigned. Its new body was specially retooled to improve overall performance, especially cargo hauling and handling. The powertrain gets a new eight-speed automatic transmission, which is also designed to help you move heavy cargo in style.
And these commercial vans will also offer some impressive new tech features, including a standard 8-inch digital gauge cluster and the SYNC 4 infotainment system (with a 12-inch touchscreen and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity).
Two new work-friendly features also debut. The Delivery Assist system will automate repetitive functions, such as turning the engine on and off, so that drivers can drop off packages in record time. And the new Upfit Integration System gives drivers access to aftermarket accessories via the Transit’s central 12-inch touchscreen.
Which configurations are available for the 2024 Ford Transit?
That’s a great question! Unfortunately, we’re not sure yet. We do think that the upcoming Transit will be incredibly versatile, with a wide range of body styles to accommodate just about any kind of business. The current Transit offers three roof heights (low, medium, and high), two wheelbases (standard and extended-length), and an extended-length body (available with the extended-length wheelbase only). With all of these options, it’s easy to create the van that best suits your needs, whether you’re making deliveries or carrying passengers to the airport.
We’re not sure what will be under the 2024 Transit’s hood, but we suspect you’ll have a couple of options. The upcoming van will likely give you just as much power as the previous model. Last year, shoppers could choose between two V6 engines:
- 3.5L V6 (275 horsepower, 262 lb-ft of torque)
- Optional turbo 3.5L V6 (310 hp, 400 lb-ft)
How much cargo space does the 2024 Ford Transit offer?
For companies who need to transport cargo or make deliveries, cargo space is all-important. That said, Ford has yet to announce how much room the redesigned Transit will offer. Depending on configuration, the 2023 Transit could offer up to 536.4 cubic feet of cargo space. We expect the upcoming Transit to do just as well, and maybe even better!
When will the 2024 Ford Transit arrive?
Order banks for the redesigned Transit should open later this month, and we expect these commercial vans to hit dealerships around this time next year. However, as of this writing, details are a bit sketchy. But we’ll update this page as soon as we know more!