With its unique combination of exclusive style, premium performance, and tech upgrades, the 2023 Ford Explorer King Ranch is a popular choice. These luxury three-row crossovers are also great for family adventure, thanks to options like trail-friendly all-wheel drive and a trailer tow package.
- Not only is the King Ranch one of the 2023 Ford Explorer’s more luxurious trim models, but it’s the only one to treat you to exclusive, Western-themed styling.
- Among the King Ranch’s many upgrades, you’ll enjoy exclusive leather upholstery, wood and leather interior cabin trim, and driver’s seat memory settings.
- The King Ranch comes standard with the Explorer’s most impressive engine option, a 400-horsepower twin-turbo V6.
- With a price that starts at $54,525, the King Ranch is a very attainable luxury crossover SUV!
What is the 2023 Ford Explorer King Ranch?
Ford’s three-row crossover SUV, the Explorer, is available as eight trim models, each of which adds a few more luxury, tech, and performance features. The King Ranch trim model is near the top of the list. Not only does it deliver a richly appointed cabin and the Explorer’s strongest engine option, but the King Ranch also treats you to exclusive Western-inspired styling.
Which upgrades come with the 2023 Ford Explorer King Ranch?
The 2023 Explorer King Ranch builds on the upscale Limited features with more comfort features, including driver’s seat memory settings, power-release second-row captain’s chairs, and a power-folding rear seat. The three-row crossover also treats you to exclusive styling, with premium Del Rio leather seating, leather and genuine wood cabin trim, and King Ranch badging. Compared to lower trim models, the King Ranch even adds smart convenience features, such as a hands-free liftgate, exterior approach lighting, and a 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster.
The King Ranch comes standard with many coveted features, including:
- Del Rio leather upholstery
- Power-adjustable, heated and ventilated front seats
- Second-row heated seats
- Mesa Del Rio leather-covered center console armrest
- Heated, Mesa Del Rio leather-wrapped steering wheel
- 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster
- Air filtration system
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- Rear auxiliary climate control
- Power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel
- Multi-color ambient lighting
- Wireless smartphone charging pad
- SYNC 3 with 8-inch touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android auto
- Voice-activated navigation
- 12-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system
- Keyless entry and ignition
- Remote ignition
- 360-degree camera
- LED fog lamps
- LED signature lighting
- LED taillamps
- Automatic low and high beams
- Power liftgate
- Power-folding, power and heated sideview mirrors with LED turn-signal indicators
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Roof rack side rails
- Chrome exterior trim
- Stone Gray and Java exterior trim
- King Ranch badging
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Ford Co-Pilot360
- Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist+
For even more panache, you can upgrade your Explorer King Ranch with a few options, such as:
- Twin-panel moonroof
- 14-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system
- Class IV Trailer Tow Package
- Premium Technology Package
How much horsepower does the 2023 Ford Explorer King Ranch deliver? Does this Explorer have twin turbos?
The King Ranch trim model makes 400 horsepower, compliments of the Explorer’s strongest engine option, the turbo V6! On the road, this powertrain gives you exactly what you’d expect: abundant speed and tow-friendly torque. In fact, depending on equipment, the King Ranch can tow the Explorer’s max rating of 5,600 pounds! These luxury crossover SUVs also offer optional all-wheel drive, so you can transform yours into an off-road-friendly ride.
The 2023 Explorer King Ranch performance lineup includes:
- 3.0L turbocharged V6 (400 horsepower, 415 lb-ft of torque)
- 10-speed automatic transmission
- Rear-wheel drive
- Trailer Sway Control
- Terrain Management System
- Auto Start-Stop technology
- Optional all-wheel drive
- Optional Start-Stop removal
What’s the 2023 Ford Explorer King Ranch MSRP?
The Explorer King Ranch comes at a great price for such a stylish model, starting at $54,525. This price includes all of the King Ranch’s standard luxury features, from its exclusive leather upholstery to its 12-speaker premium sound system. Optional features, on the other hand, can increase the price.