Treat your family to roomy, modern comfort and your wallet to incredible fuel savings in the new 2023 Ford Escape plug-in hybrid. These compact crossovers can even travel for short stints using electric power alone! And they’re ready for your daily drive, putting a host of tech and comfort features at your command.
- The Escape PHEV is a 2023 Escape trim model that comes standard with a thrifty plug-in hybrid powertrain, along with an impressive host of modern features.
- These plug-in hybrid crossovers can travel up to 37 miles on electricity alone! When the hybrid powertrain kicks in, they earn 40 mpg combined.
- The Escape PHEV is very handsomely equipped, with everything you need for a modern, comfortable drive, including smartphone-friendly infotainment, a power liftgate, and remote ignition.
- You should be able to find one of these thrifty Escapes at your local dealership! However, you can also special-order one and have it delivered to your Ford dealership.
What is the 2023 Ford Escape Plug-In Hybrid?
As part of its makeover for the 2023 model year, the Escape introduced a new trim model lineup. And that new lineup includes the new Escape PHEV trim model! Under its hood, the PHEV combines a rechargeable battery-powered motor with a gas-powered engine, helping you conserve energy and save at the pump! When it comes to comfort and convenience, these plug-in hybrids are nicely equipped. Inside, you’ll find cutting-edge infotainment, heated front seats, and other modern luxuries.
How many miles per gallon does the 2023 Ford Escape Plug-In Hybrid achieve? How far can the Escape PHEV go on battery power alone?
In hybrid mode, these Escape plug-in hybrids earn 40 mpg combined. However, the Escape PHEV can also travel up to 37 miles using battery alone! Once that all-electric power is depleted, these crossovers seamlessly switch into hybrid mode.
The 2023 Escape PHEV’s powertrain specs include:
- 2.5L four-cylinder hybrid powertrain (210 total horsepower, 155 lb-ft of torque)
- Continuously variable transmission
- Front-wheel drive
Is the 2023 Ford Escape Plug-In Hybrid comfortable?
This Escape trim model is as comfy as it is thrifty! In the Escape trim model lineup, the PHEV sits comfortably in the middle, giving you lots of upgrades compared to lesser trim models, but keeping costs down compared to more luxurious options.
Every 2023 Escape PHEV includes these features:
- Cloth seats with vinyl trim
- Heated front seats
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Heated steering wheel
- 8-inch digital gauge cluster
- SYNC 4 with 13.2-inch touchscreen
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six-speaker sound system
- Body-color trim
- LED Signature Lighting
- LED fog lamps
- Power liftgate
- Dual chrome exhaust tips
- Black roof-rack side rails
- Remote ignition
- Ford Co-Pilot360 suite of safety aids
- Evasive Steering Assist
You can also create a very luxurious version of the Escape PHEV, thanks to the wide range of optional features:
- Leather-trimmed seats with quilting design and mini-perforation
- Driver memory settings
- Power-adjustable passenger seat
- Wireless smartphone charging pad
- Head-up display
- 10-speaker Bang & Olufsen premium sound system
- Panoramic Vista Roof
- LED headlamps with coast-to-coast light bar
- Black roof-rack crossbars
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Active Park Assist 2.0
- Class II Trailer Tow package
- PHEV Premium package (including 360-degree parking camera, 10-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system, and 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster)
What is the wait time on a 2023 Ford Escape Plug-In Hybrid?
If you build and special-order your Escape PHEV, you may have to wait a few months before it rolls off the assembly line! But having all the features you want in a plug-in hybrid crossover is certainly worth the wait. Alternatively, you can check out local inventory and drive home a thrifty, comfortable Escape PHEV much sooner!