As the 2023 Ford Escape’s mid-level trim model, the Active gives you a great price on a sporty yet commute-friendly performance and a handsomely equipped cabin. Our buying guide is here to answer your questions about this new compact crossover!
- As the mid-level trim model, Escape Active gives you a great price on a nicely equipped ride
- Compared to the base model, the Active adds comfort and convenience upgrades, like dual-zone automatic climate control and a power liftgate.
- These small crossovers deliver a smooth ride, inspired handling, and plenty of horsepower.
- With the Active, you can drive home in a brand new crossover starting at $29,345.
Why choose the 2023 Ford Escape Active?
For 2023, the Escape introduces a new list of trim models. In it, the Active is essentially the mid-grade model, one step up from the Base. When you choose this model, you’re getting some great upgrades but also keeping costs down! In addition to the Escape’s standard features (including the new SYNC 4 infotainment system), the Active adds more creature comforts, savvy tech features, and stylish exterior trim.
Which upgrades come with the 2023 Ford Escape Active?
As the Escape’s mid-level trim model, the Active builds on the standard lineup with more comforts (including dual-zone automatic climate control and dark-tinted rear windows to help you keep cool) and conveniences (including time-savers like keyless entry and ignition and a power liftgate). In the backseat, your loved ones can charge their devices with dual rear-seat USB ports. Finally, the Active adds a little extra pizzazz, with a leather-wrapped steering wheel and chrome exterior trim.
In addition to its upgrades, the Active includes all of the Escape’s standard features. Here’s a look at what you’ll find on these compact crossovers:
- Power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- 8-inch digital gauge cluster
- Center console with Convenient Media Bin
- SYNC 4 with 8-inch touchscreen
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six-speaker sound system
- Piano Black grille with chrome strip
- Body-color door handles and spoiler
- Black side view mirror caps
- Chrome trim
- Second-row side and liftgate privacy glass
- LED signature lighting
- Power liftgate
- Keyless entry and push-button start
- Ford CoPilot360 package
If there’s a particular feature you can’t live without, you’ll very likely find it on the Active’s options list:
- Panoramic Vista Roof
- Heated front seats
- Power-adjustable front passenger seat
- 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel
- SYNC 4 with 13.2-inch touchscreen
- Built-in navigation
- 10-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system, including subwoofer
- Remote ignition
- Wireless smartphone charging pad
- Heated side mirrors
- Roof-rack side rails
- Driver’s seat memory settings
- Adaptive cruise control
- Evasive Steering Assist
How powerful is the 2023 Ford Escape Active?
With the Escape Active, you’ll enjoy a peppy performance, compliments of its 180-horsepower turbocharged engine. This compact crossover is only available with the Escape’s base engine, but it’s all you need to keep up with traffic (or even zoom past slow-moving vehicles). For a sportier ride, add all-wheel drive to your model. This traction-boosting guide will help you navigate light off-road trails without getting stuck in the mud.
Here’s a look at the Escape Active powertrain specs:
- Turbocharged 1.5L three-cylinder engine (180 horsepower, 199 lb-ft of torque)
- Eight-speed automatic transmission
- Front-wheel drive
- Optional all-wheel drive
- Selectable Drive Modes
What should I pay for the 2023 Ford Escape Active?
The mid-level Escape Active trim model comes at a very fair price, starting at $29,345. This price only includes the Active’s standard features, however. If you decide you want to throw in a few upgrades, you could end up with a slightly higher price tag!